Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Last minute panic

I'm starting to get really worried about the upcoming school year. We keep having sessions on all the things we should do in our classrooms before school starts, but I haven't even seen mine yet! The school has my classroom ready....I just haven't had time to go down there. I'm going on Thursday, so maybe that will help a little. I can't do anything in there next week because I'll be at New Teacher Induction at JPS. I have 1 week before school to set everything up, and I think we have meetings at our school that week. I need to make posters and my timeline for my classroom. I need to start writing the first couple of weeks of lesson plans. I need to make forms for student of the week, detention, positive letters home to parents, etc. I need to finish filling out my JPS paperwork!! On top of all that, I need to get a new driver's license (or "driver license" as they call it here), bank account, unpack all my boxes of stuff, and figure out how to get around Jackson!! I'm sure it will be fine once I get down there, but I'm NOT down there! I'm stuck up here!

At least we don't have that much classwork this week. I'm hoping I can start doing some of this stuff up here, but I'm very disorganized because most of what I own is in boxes in Jackson. I'm hoping this weekend will be a magical whirl of organization. I'm also hoping that New Teacher Induction will leave me time at night to at least work on lesson plans, so that once I'm in my classroom I can just clean and organize. In case you haven't noticed I'm a little compulsive with the organization, and my life just isn't organized right now. My plastic page protectors are in Jackson :)

No comments: