Sunday, June 25, 2006

Videotape

When I watched my videotape, the first thing that struck me was that the classroom was fairly well under control. When I'm up there teaching and the smallest thing goes wrong, I feel like the whole room is disintegrating into chaos, but in the video...everything was really ok.

I was busy messing with the camera and writing the "do now" on the board, so I didn't see 2-3 kids run into the classroom. It wasn't an issue, but it could have been. I need to spend more time in the hall during breaks (the kids are usually back in the room before I even finish putting the do now up).

The most striking things were how I move and talk. Now I see the Ann Monroe resemblence. I sound a lot more southern though and say things like "might could"....I can't believe I talk like that! I also have wierd nervous habits like swinging my hair around and playing with the dry erase marker caps. I've been trying to quit that since I saw the video.

Overall, the video was a lot less painful than I expected and actually made me feel a little bit better!

No comments: