Monday, September 04, 2006

Continuation

So briefly, what happened was that the counselor came in, yelled at my students and sent them away one-by-one. The students professed their love for me and wanted to be in another one of my classes. I was asked to come up with a list of honor students in 30 seconds (I've only seen these kids 9 times and one time most of them weren't there because of the pep rally). I took back their textbooks in a wierd chaotic decision by the counselor. He told me I could leave....I couldn't tell if he was trying to get rid of me or what....

I waited for my new class to arrive......and I waited.....and I waited. When they came on to give the afternoon announcements I gave up and went down to his office. Apparently the 9th grade counselor had gone home sick at lunchtime, so kids weren't placed in my class until we got back on Fri (which was B-day, so I'm still not sure who they are). Good news is: somehow feel less pressure and more fun about this class since it was thrown on me at the last minute (less expectations) and I've had a little bit of practice. Bad News: my babies have been thrown to the wolves and had their entire schedules changed, same for the new kids I'm getting, one prep becomes two, I don't know anything about Mississippi studies.

No comments: